Monday, March 31, 2008

Inspiration for the Week

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived,
yet if faced with courage, need not be lived again."
Maya Angelou

(Someone on their blog recently mentioned what a powerful voice Maya Angelou has; I can share that that power emanates from her very core - she is one solid and deeply spiritual woman. I had the bounty of meeting her at a small political fundraiser in Winston-Salem, NC (her hometown) back in 1992. We were all sitting in a circle of chairs to hear her speak, and she happened to stand next to me while talking. The power in the room while she speaks is unbelievable, but then she placed her hand on my shoulder, and I could literally feel the power of her voice course through my body. She is one amazing woman. Deeply kind and thoughtful and unapologetically honest.)

No comments: